Thursday, March 7, 2024

25mm Essex Zombies - Part 2

 Part 1 was photographed in haste and was missing a final step. I didn't want to paint in the glossy blood bits and then hit it with dull coat which would simply erase that crucial touch. So I sealed the lot then added Green Stuff World's True Blood- Blood Effect. Terrific stuff!

So here are the ones with bloody damp wounds with better clarity and lighting:






Thanks for looking - questions, comments and followers are welcome and encouraged! I'm doing more and more on Facebook so follow my page there too! https://www.facebook.com/One-of-My-Men-Became-Restless-100659928063858

3 comments:

  1. Very nice, if zombies can be nice!! Your blood technique has worked out really well, must admit I really like those Essex minis, very underrated figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many classic old sculpts still available from Essex. There was an article in an old mag where Bob was meant to be producing a war turtle or similar. Never happened and he doesn't remember anything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some joker suggested they were dwarves! Yes, the proportions are monstrous but I love them nonetheless, Funny, I think I do have Olley dwarves on the workbench!

    ReplyDelete