Thursday, October 26, 2023

25/28mm Acheson Creations Palisades & Monster Fight Club Bushes

I love these bushes from Monster Fight Club. I got them unpainted at Historicon on a lovely discount. You've seen them in many of the backgrounds of recent entries in the state in which they were purchased. That was remedied this evening and they took to dry brushing quite well with little fuss and even less effort.

I need to get another set or three. They are made of hard plastic and have hollow interiors big enough to hide a few figures or so within. At the same time I picked up some other scatter terrain from them - a stump and some fallen trees as well as as large stones and stone piles big enough to create some rough terrain with lots of cover. Those will appear at a later date.

Here's how they came - just in green plastic:



These wooden walls have also been seen unfinished in many a background shot. It was just the basing that needed finishing and that too was completed this week.


I don't normally like featuring two different products together unless they are intrinsically linked in some way but these do, strangely enough, work together well.


28mm Victrix Austrians for scale


When I first saw these walls, I intended to use them as fences for rural, Russian yards, but as you can see they actually are palisades and not garden fences. I should make up some firing steps, but I know I won't bother.

Some WIPs

Nice set though - I'll still use them but will have to find another purpose for them.

As always, thanks for looking - questions, comments and followers are welcome and encouraged! I'm doing more and more on Facebook so follow my page there too! https://www.facebook.com/One-of-My-Men-Became-Restless-100659928063858
 

No comments:

Post a Comment