Wednesday, September 27, 2023

25mm Old Glory - Wars of Ozz - Lesser Pumpkin Heads

Finished more antagonists for my Sleepy Hollow horror themed game. Here are the Lesser Pumpkin Heads from Old Glory's Wars of Ozz range. I picked up the cavalry but passed on the catapult artillery and giant pumpkins. For Ozz they would be necessary but not for this particular project. 


I used a lot of the Army Painter Speedpaint 2.0 on these to try out some of the new colors - a few are quite exceptional: Ochre Clay and Moody Mauve being standout favorites.

I did just layer up over the Fire Giant Orange for the heads just to give them a more layered and blended appearance, but much of it I left alone - especially on shoes and gloves.

Here is King Jack, the Pumpkin Headed Ruler - love this guy! I tend to prefer all my commanders pointing out targets.



Here are two of the three mounted command. For a horror game this is already getting quite silly. Still fun!


These guys need names: Gourdeous George?

Gourdon Bleu? Pumpkinator?

Here's all of the pumpkin heads together

This is the third mounted commander and I should have finished him with the scarecrow unit from earlier in the month.


And fhere he is integrated in with his own unit.

Here's all the Wars of Ozz stuff together:

Finally, here's alll the Old Glory, West Wind and Reaper stuff for this project in a lump: 44 rank and file, 2 monsters, 3 mounted command, 1 dismtd, and 3 small aberrations totaling 53 models. Plenty to have a game with now! 

I also have a half dozen different Headless Horseman models, more monstrous pumpkin beasts from Reaper and North Star as well as many more scarecrows from various manufacturers to do but I may turn to something else in the interim. The workbench is continually overloaded with WIP options that need attention.

 As always, thanks for looking - questions, comments and followers are welcome and encouraged! I'm doing more and more on Facebook so follow my page there too! https://www.facebook.com/One-of-My-Men-Became-Restless-100659928063858

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful project! Where did you get the skeletal horses?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The mounts came with the riders - from Old Glory: https://warsofozzminiatures.com/store/p_2928458/ozz-531-pumpkin-headed-generals

      Delete