Tuesday, September 5, 2023

25mm Old Glory - Wars of Ozz - Harvesters - Fearsome Scarecrows of the Night

Twenty Scarecrows from the newish range from Old Glory. They'll be repurposed for the Sleepy Hollow/American Colonial horror game I'm building. 

In whatever rules I use, I'm guessing they'll need some protection from musketry but heightened vulnerability from fire and other incendiary attacks. 

I also have a bunch of other scarecrows and straw/ pumpkin monstrosities from West Wind, North Star, Reaper and Foundry who will fill out the ranks of the antagonists. West Wind's Sleepy Hollow range and Old Glory AWI Americna Militia (many of which are seen here already) will make up the good guys.

Some of these could be peeled off for Silver Bayonet too.

I based them in the three/two/one method: 3 stands of 3 figures, 4x2, and 3x1.

All were done in the Speedpaint/Contrast method with no pre-highlighting, no slap chop, no zenithal priming, no pre-shading just straight from the bottles.

I did touch up all the pumpkin faces as well as add additional highlights to the hat bands. Metals were a silver covered in Army Painter Strong Tone.

The Lesser Pumpkin Heads and command are already in progress and will feature shortly. I'd added more colors from the Speedpaint 2.0 release so they could look tonally different.

You can get these miniatures not from the Old Glory site but it's own boutique Wars of Ozz site here.

 As always, thanks for looking - questions, comments and followers are welcome and encouraged! I'm doing more and more on Facebook so follow my page there too! https://www.facebook.com/One-of-My-Men-Became-Restless-100659928063858

No comments:

Post a Comment