Monday, August 19, 2019

28mm Reaper - Ghost

Day Three of my Citadel Contrast paints experiments yielded up 10 more completed figures. Sorry for the delay - I took off some time for vacation and some of the ones in this batch took a bit longer as I had to do bones, weapons and/or other equipment in a traditional manner. The principal work was done in one session however - hence the third day.  

This is easily one of the ugliest models of the entire nigh 40 figure lot. The charitable view is that he's warning you to not proceed, but he instead appears to waving a tearful farewell. Kind of a goofy figure. And if he's undead, why does he need a pouch at his hip that I had to go paint? Maybe he's a reanimated, long deceased wizard?

 I was going to use the Aethermatic Blue again for the bones, but had not enjoyed the look of that and Templar Black together. I did the bones with a wash where I tried to hack my own Contrast and it came out ok. This was Pledge floor polish mixed with brown ink with a drop of black ink in there. (There will be more of that later.) I then went over it with a matte sealant after to kill the shine.
Pledge mixed with ink was a neat idea, but I don't like the high gloss finish and so will try ink and matte mediums in the future. Pledge is indeed cheaper than medium by a long shot but for time saving it's another unneeded step. Stones done with Contrast Basilicanum Grey

Thanks for looking - questions, comments and followers are welcome and encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment