Thursday, July 26, 2018

15mm Old Glory Napoleonic French High Command Vignettes & Miscellenea

Thowback Thursday number 2!

These were completed in the 90s sometime. I definitely would have done round bases with these and thought slightly more about the composition than I did here. Nonetheless, they are handsome pieces.

L'Empereur himself having a lovely chat with a curaissier general. Old Glory 15s continues to make these sets with various Marshals and vignette pieces. I believe I bought them all except for the trophies one, since I've locked in to Russia and the British/Spanish as the belligerents I'd collect, I had no need for all the captured Austrian flags.


I do think the Chasseur came out well.

Funny to think that there was a time when "tufts" were not a thing.
French general with his pair of trollops



I'm certain I could do these much better today.
French ADC surveying the scene


The cantiniere is Old Glory, but the French infantry officer is Minifigs. My bases have taken a beating over the years.


This is actually an Essex piece. I was confident I had the colors right when I painted this, but I have my doubts about this scheme now. I also would have done the olive green for the cart instead of the bare wood. Would my sources lie? [Edit- I've been helpfully reminded that this is an ambulance and that the colors are indeed correct. Thanks LF!]

 Also, my source was the Funcken illustration: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/5b/7a/a2/5b7aa27603729d556ed393bc634329ba--french-marine-french-army.jpg

Thanks for looking: questions, comments and followers are welcome and encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment