Thursday, July 26, 2018

15mm Old Glory Napoleonic Württembergers

Throwback Thursday! First a pair of Historical entries followed by a pair of Fantasy ones.

Completed during the 90's sometime, these were created for Empire and as I did then, I decided to double up the numbers as I didn't care for the anemic strips of single ranked figures. This is in actual fact a brigade comprised of the First and Fourth Wurttembergers with the requisite brigadier. Nobody made Wurttemberger light infantry or Germans of any kind in greatcoats so the other half of this brigade are actually French infantry in greatcoats (unpictured) that I doctored up to fill in.

I had hatched up a hare brained scheme whereby I would base all the French in white snow covered bases, the German allies in just brown fields, and the Russians in green grass fields so that they would all be easily identifiable on the table. Very silly in retrospect - and it was not as clear to me then that snowfall didn't occur until after the retreat was well underway.

I can't recall who made the flags - very possibly it was Old Glory too.

In these double up units - I used the NCO figures to command the second line.








My daughters love the pink facings
The horse artillery battery - those guns can double for French ones as well. The crews have 2 single figures and three stands of 2 figures - one in front, one in back that could nestle in between the gun carriages. I thought that was clever.


The foot artillery - as you can see, I was divided about how to base the guns. I think I prefer them with gunners on a single base like these

They become nice pieces in and of themselves with the gunners along.
Thanks for looking: questions, comments and followers are welcome and encouraged!

6 comments:

  1. Nice Job. You've really made the most out of those old glory sculpts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! That's a really great paint job !
    But I'm not sure an artillery team would be crazy enough to keep the amunition crates (or whatever its name in English) on the gun carriage while firing ! :)


    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job. Out of curiosity, what did you use for basing? Looks like mdf but hard to tell. Have to agree with IG - you did a grand spanking job on those OG15s.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Eric - those are steel bases from Wargames Accessories http://www.wargameaccessories.com/

    ReplyDelete