Thursday, July 26, 2018

28mm Reaper Goblins & a Citadel Night Goblin

Throw Back Thursday - Part 3 - from the Fantasy trays is a random assortment of goblins  - mostly Reaper, but a Citadel Night Goblin in there as well. I think he came in a White Dwarf special. I have about 12 more from other manufacturers done in the same style, completed at the same time, but I'll save them for a later date.

I'm also wrapping up a large set of  the beloved Goblin Factory Goblins so these will be of a different tribe entirely in their toxic unnatural greens.
Ben Siens' Goblin Shaman at center with John Manor's Goblin Warriors to either flank

These were also done well over 10 years ago. I basically didn't start doing 25/28s until the turn of the century after I walked into my first GW store in Greenwhich Village in NYC - up until that point it was all 15mm historicals.

More from Ben Siens at Reaper  - the leader, a goblin mage, then aone from Goblins II with the GW Night Goblin spearman at right. He's sort of his own thing and I only have the one.

I've said it elsewhere that sometimes I think I was a better painter some years ago than I am today! I still can learn from my earlier work. It's also possible that the great sculptures help a lot compared to the relatively stiff historical figures I've been doing of late.

Thanks for looking: questions, comments and followers are welcome and encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment