Friday, June 24, 2022

25/28mm West Wind - Lucifer's Wars - Spirit of the Earth Mother (Dryad)

 

Some things I'm pretty proud of. I did what I could with this one but it's kind of an embarrassing entry. Started as a lazy one-shot Contrast job with dry brushed some highlights here and there, futzed and refutzed with the leaves, the eyes, ignored the vines as hair then finally just finished the base and called it good.

Why the big exposed breasts? To feed her saplings, duh! Or is it to lure environmentalist tree-huggers to their doom? I love trees, but I don't LOOOOVE trees.

  
The caboose is a deal breaker for many I'd guess.
 Lucifer's Wars, as far as I know, was probably a dud for Old Glory and West Wind. There are some neat minis in the range but I think the consensus was that the game was unplayable---perhaps the worst of the Quality Die system entries. Old Glory is more known for historicals and historical gamers, in my experience, get uncomfortable with demonic stuff. OG/WW didn't really have a presence with the fantasy/horror crowd at the time and competing miniature vendors made a much better product in this space making this something of an orphan range.

Thanks for looking - questions, comments and followers are welcome and encouraged! I'm doing more and more on Facebook so follow my page there too! https://www.facebook.com/One-of-My-Men-Became-Restless-100659928063858

No comments:

Post a Comment