Thursday, September 12, 2019

28mm Reaper - Wraith Harvesters

I've found some odds and ends that benefited nicely from a quick ethereal treatment with Citadel Contrast paints. I'm basally out of ethereal figures now and looks like they'll be a little over 50 of them. Here's some of the last ones done with one thick coat of Contrast Templar Black.
For the scythes I wanted to try out Contrast over metallics. I used Citadel Boltgun Metal over most of the blade then did Mithril Silver for the sharpened edges. Then I used Contrast Basilicanum Gray over that. I've lost the picture I had of that, but they did not look great at all. So I stipled VMC Flat Brown over much of it, followed by another stipling of Polly-S Rust. As a final touch I went in and drybrushed Mithril Silver again on the fine edge of the blade and all over the rest of the edges leaving the bulk of the metal untouched. These came out out pretty good I think.
I've since added some new colors to the collection including Wyldwood  - a brown I used on the scythe shaft. One thick coat over Gray Seer primer, no additional highlighting of any kind.
This scythe came out well and you can still see where the Contrast Basilicanum Gray settled at the bottom of the blade tip.
Working with Templar Black on a mess o' wolves that will be up shortly after my premier ECW interlude.
 Thanks for looking - questions, comments and followers are welcome and encouraged!

1 comment: