Monday, August 19, 2019

28mm Reaper - Grave Wraith

Day Three of my Citadel Contrast paints experiments yielded up 10 more completed figures. Sorry for the delay - I took off some time for vacation and some of the ones in this batch took a bit longer as I had to do bones, weapons and/or other equipment in a traditional manner. The principal work was done in one session however - hence the third day. 
 
One thick coat of Contrast Templar Black for the bulk of this one. I'm pretty happy with him except for the glowing runes on the sword. Looking at other examples it seems like a lot of folks just ignored them outright.
This model came with three headstones in addition to the integral one seen here at right. I used one of the extras on the left and distributed the other two to other models.
They were painted with Contrast Basilicanum Grey.
Army Painter Highland Tufts seen here
That leaves, of the original 39 model undertaking, just three - two Reaper spectres and a Warlord Necroplis Sergeant. When I started, I was stuck on what to do with the handful of other Reaper and Ral Partha wraiths, but I think this Contrast Templar Black is going to work fine for the bulk of them. Those eleven (at the prep station now) will bring the total up to 50 figures done in just a handful of sessions - not bad.  

Then there will be a new project involving furry beasts and werewolves requiring a new set of Contrast browns and the eternally sold out Wraith Bone primer. More to come on that - meanwhile I continue to have numerous models - both historical, and fantastic - in various stages of completion to fold in along the way: witches, Cossacks, dwarves and more.

Stay tuned and thanks for looking - questions, comments and followers are welcome and encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment