Friday, June 14, 2019

25mm Citadel - Bretonnian Knights

More from my Citadel collections: almost thirty year old models, twenty year old paint jobs. These are relatively early Perry twins models.
According to a well paid historian and genealogist my parents employed some time ago, this shield design is my family's official coat of arms. And I guess also that of everyone else who shares my last name. I don't really trust these but I thought it was a brilliant idea for a shield design.
I wasn't going to field a Bretonnian army ever so I just made them random fighter figs for skirmish games or D&D characters.


I really struggled with whites on the larger models. This is also not the original shield for this model and I;m not sure what i was thinking for that heraldic design.


I remember struggling to come up with some way to incorporate the boss on the shield into the design of that shield.

Racing stripes - why not?


I love red and gold together, and more racing stripes.


Look at that thick white - oofah!

I hate standing around figures - if he wasn't part of this set, I probably never would have got to him.


Also not his original shield but I really prefer this substitution.



Thanks for looking - questions, comments and followers are welcome and encouraged!

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful paint job, most impressive close ups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing some individual figures was a good way to start out in 25/28 mm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice minis with great paint jobs.

    I would have loved a group picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not out of the question actually ...

      Delete