Thursday, September 24, 2026

25mm Old Glory Medieval - Revolting Peasants - Part 9 - The Mob

Here are more 2-figure bases and the beginning of the 3-figure bases. Their footprint shrinks quite a bit, being more densely packed. This brings the total up to 137 models done. Imagine how many knightly retinues I've forsaken for this!

The film, The Uprising -about the peasant revolt against King Richard II- seems to have gotten a lot of mixed reviews. I'll wait for streaming, but its release was a lovely coincidence for this project. I didn't even become aware of the film until I was well into it, but I'm sure it will provide more scenario fodder to consider. 

Incidentally, I quite knowingly painted these peasants in drab colors on purpose. There are accusations that The Uprising creators did the same in their costuming selections by accident. People love to bitch about how much cleanliness and color there was in medieval times. I've made room for that. But not for this project. Further, I intend to use these in fantasy settings as well. 

I followed the same formulas here as I've had with their predecessors, but added a few newer colors from ProAcryl - namely the Yellow Green, Camo Green and Gray Green as bases to work from. 


The Yellow Green, when first applied, is exactly the color of Kermit the Frog. Front row, far right, is one in that color. The tunic on the guy second from the left in the front (same body) also has the same color. I like it, but it may be brighter than I was hoping.

The first of the 3-figure bases

The Yellow Green can also be seen on the leggings and hood of the scytheman at far left. 









Just 32 left to do, and this project is complete! About 25 more Old Glory peasants, as well as some Victrix banner men and some other odds and ends. There are a lot more looting models in this final batch, but they still have their utility for any number of encounters. I do have a ton of Wargames Atlantic Knights mounted and on foot in the queue and the same sets from Victrix to build as well as some Dark Age stuff I'll repurpose for fantasy humans, but I'll likely be going back to Napoleonics after this. 

When it's done, I'll share some summary shots of all 170 models together for our mutual enjoyment.

After that, it's time to complete the 100+ figure Voltiguer company for the 1812 Russia game. They've been on the table for years, and I've dusted them off repeatedly, waiting for God knows what. The command, bits of the 5th company, and all the NCOs have been done for years; it's just time to get these guys over the finish line. But I do enjoy this bulk process where I don't have to make too many decisions and can just diligently and robotically apply colors. I suppose to many that sounds awful, but I'm looking forward to it.

My former Fresno group has already nearly finished this 1812 campaign and I'm a bit ashamed of how far ahead of me they are on it, and I've been fapping on about it for years.

As always, thanks for looking - questions, comments, and followers are welcome and encouraged! I'm doing more and more on Facebook so follow my page there too! https://www.facebook.com/One-of-My-Men-Became-Restless-100659928063858

2 comments:

  1. Looking very nice indeed. Never seen so many of those painted in one place before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aye - thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing them all on the table. They'll be a handful for corrupt Royal sympathizers!

      Delete