Here we move into using up the duplicates on multi-figure bases.
Many looked like husbands and wives or siblings, from the kids to a pair of bearded fellows. This makes not a whit of difference for any particular game but makes for some unique and interesting pairings, and could help with certain storytelling narratives. It's hard to imagine a game where I'll need all 160ish peasants at once, though now that I think about it ...
First is actually from Reaper Miniatures: Townsfolk XII Pillory & Kids. The kids were mixed in with the OG stone throwers where I had them stored out of the blister. When researching, I saw the man in the stocks went with it and that they were not throwing stones at all but tomatoes. I painted them red before recalling tomatoes didn't show up in Europe until the 1500s, so I threw some magenta contrast on there, making them plums. They were already tagged as revoting peasants in my storage system, so I'm folding them into this Old Glory project:
 |
| The Vallejo Mud effect is till wet on all of these! |
Another detour comes from Brite Minis and these 3D printed "Human Corpses." I picked them up at Historicon this year. The print layers are VERY apparent, marring any and all fine detail, and I won't get any more of them, but they were dirt cheap, and from a distance none will be the wiser: Finally - on to Old Glory:  |
| My goodness, how revolting these peasants are!! Number three is stabbing at some horse droppings. I may need to highlight these a bit more as they blend in with the mud too well. |
 |
| These are the old Husbands and Wives |
 |
| A pair of looters in the center - flanked by pairs of torch bearers. |
 |
| The lads on the right struck me as being brothers. |
 |
| Group shot! |
 |
Here's the whole update - 26 more figures. This brings the count up to a total of 115 rather appalling peasants completed. I'll do some master shots once the project is completed. I'm well past the midway point, but I'm adding bits and bobs here and there that I consider appropriate.
|
 |
| Some of these would make good witch or monster hunters, and some could be witches themselves. In either case, I'm well set. |
Two more updates to go - both comparable but with some peripheral figures from other brands mixed in, a pair of beggars, some revolting royalty, and some carrying holy banners.
As always, thanks for looking - questions, comments and followers are welcome and encouraged! I'm doing more and more on Facebook so follow my page there too! https://www.facebook.com/One-of-My-Men-Became-Restless-100659928063858
No comments:
Post a Comment