Friday, July 31, 2026

25mm Old Glory Medieval - Revolting Peasants - Part 7 - Looters and Stoners

 This is the last of the individual models. The rest are on bases of 2-3 models to make moving them around a bit easier. 

Each of these models was, apart from a knife, entirely unarmed.

There are only five different bodies here. OG adds different heads in different positions, and I added the sheathed weapons, shields, and spears. 

I don't have a single bits box, but here I drew from some old fantasy parts as well as some plastic scabbarded swords I snipped off the Perry and Wargames Atlantic sprues I had left over. 

For spears, I used the ol' broom bristles method - super durable, but with just the slightest give. The round shields I got from Foundry at the long gone D&J Hobby near San Jose and the kite shields are Wargames Atlantic leftovers. 

More added shields, spears and swords

This time, and going forward, I've had to add some DAP, Ready Mixed Concrete to build up the ground to the lip of the integrated base. It does add another step, but it takes away the step of having to add second and third layers of the expensive Vallejo Mud basing product. 

Not as versatile as plastic kits, but between Old Glory and I, I'm able to get three quite different models out of the same base body. 

Old Glory very clearly labels these as suitable for Dark Ages through the Early Renaissance, so I've just had to come to terms with that and added round shields, kite shields, and a buckler all together. Odd for strictly historical games, but perfectly fine for orc or goblin victims. 

I can't abide these guys carrying nothing but a pair of stones. Here's where you can see the obvious spear as well as some short swords on the belts - three fairly unique (and armed) figures! 

A bodkin added here ...

... two swords added here. 


Sword and shield for the guy on the left, spears for the other two. 


A shield on one, spears for the others. I had to cut the stone out to give the middle one his spear.

The other half of this pack are carrying sticks, but I painted up every one of the stone throwers. 

Here's all the finished shields. I was going to lighten them back up again after the Strong Tone but thought they looked more revolting unretouched. 

Here's all the spearmen. On to the looters! 

Like the stoners, I didn't want a lot of unarmed miniatures around, so I added more swords, shields, and spears for those who needed something.  

This is one of each of the looting bodies. They all have duplicates with different heads.

All together now! This brings the count up to 89 of around 150 models - well over halfway done.  

Here's the looters making off with their spoils

And here's the cowards that'd rather throw stones than engage in fisticuffs.

And some customary AI backdrop - this one from ChatGPT

... and this one from Gemini, exact same prompt but decidedly inferior. (They both use nano-banana.) Grok wanted me to pay, so I passed. 

Until this project is done, I'm not painting anything else except terrain as my off-ramp exception. Next up are the second batch of multifigure bases - you've seen the women and children already. Husbands and wives, children on their own, and then, brothers? Fathers and sons? A bunch of two-figure bases - back to farm instruments, some duplicates, and then the variations on minis you've seen before. 

And as always, thanks for looking - questions, comments and followers are welcome and encouraged! I'm doing more and more on Facebook so follow my page there too! https://www.facebook.com/One-of-My-Men-Became-Restless-100659928063858

No comments:

Post a Comment