Wednesday, October 9, 2024

28mm Reaper Rotpatch, Pumpkin Golem

Another monster from the Pumpkin King's corrupted retinue! I started with a slap-chop then ended up using speed paints/contrast mostly as a base coat for the pumpkins and vines. At the end I went over it all with more opaque highlights.I spent more time rusting up the scythe - it's really rusty!This is one where I know I could do more, but I just had enough and wanted to move on. 

The base was plain and spare so I painted up a pair of  pumpkins to adorn it, adding a mix of my Green Stuff World leaf punch output, first gen Highland Tufts from Army Painter, some static grass and a single tuft of 12mm Spikey Beige from Gamer's Grass to give some height to the floor proceedings.

Watching YouTube painters have given me some ideas and I think I'm ready to step up off my plateau on new miniatures. I have much already underway so the change will be likely gradual. 





More supernatural pumpkin monsters coming in the next day or two! Stay tuned!

Thanks for looking - questions, comments and followers are welcome and encouraged! I'm doing more and more on Facebook so follow my page there too! https://www.facebook.com/One-of-My-Men-Became-Restless-100659928063858

No comments:

Post a Comment