Friday, August 2, 2019

28mm Reaper - Spirits

Day 1 of my experimenting with Citadel Contrast Paints - This was the very first one I applied paint to. I'm not thrilled with it to be honest. I was trying to "paint" with it in strokes before changing midway. In so doing so I went back over spots a second time which really darkened it up quickly. I found I had to move quickly start top to bottom to keep ahead of it.

I had made a note to not let it puddle, but the lack of details left no place for the paint to go - especially on the lower half.
I also don't care for this model much to begin with but since I had two I thought I'd try blacking in, in advance, the darkest recesses. I'm not sure if it's an improvement or not.
 

I also tried to do Object Source Lighting on the one at right here, but didn't put anything on the base for light to reflect off of so made a halo on the ground instead. I clearly don't have the skill for this!
Which one do you prefer?
 Thanks for looking - questions, comments and followers are welcome and encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment