Friday, August 2, 2019

25mm - Figure ID?


Day 1 of my ethereal creatures project using Citadel Contrast paints yielded fourteen completed miniatures. A lesson from this one is to make sure you prime close to perfectly. Typically, because I prime in batches of a dozen, some crevasses, nooks and crannies don't get covered. When layering it's no problem, just fill it in with black or whatever. I used the recommended Citadel Grayseer primer spray as it has a formulated surface ideal for the Contrast medium. I also bought the Grayseer gray in the bottle knowing I'd have to touch up and fill in here and there.
Well, it behaves quite a bit differently and the Contrast paint is weird exactly where I had the brush on gray placed. The front was good, but the back has some issues. These do take some experimenting - a lot of things didn't seem to materialize until they had dried. I was also batch painting so didn't pay as close attention as I otherwise would. In any event, I'm certain I could have painted all these better in my layering way, but not in the 30-40 minutes it took me to finish them.
Time is iffy in the next few days so it's not clear how many I'll finish of the 25 remaining figures for Day 2. In many ways, Day 1 dispensed with some of the low hanging fruit if you will. Easy miniatures with no difficult decisions. Onward.

Thanks for looking - questions, comments and followers are welcome and encouraged!

1 comment: