Sunday, October 13, 2024

25/28mm North Star - Frostgrave - Candle-Jacks

I find I still have a fair amount of Pumpkin headed villains to do for the Sleepy Hollow game.  The Wars of Ozz pumpkins and scarecrows are the rank and file while this Large Candle Jack will be a monster boss to join Reaper's Rotpatch who's been already completed.  I'm adding in the lesser  Frostgrave Candle-Jacks as well to serves as something in between the expendables and the real monstrous challenge posed by this scythe waving monstrosity.


The base was a little flat and lifeless so I added a pair of pumpkins to help set the scene.

As with Rotpatch, I added a mix of my Green Stuff World leaf punch output, first gen Highland Tufts from Army Painter, some static grass and a single tuft of 12mm Spikey Beige from Gamer's Grass to give some height to the floor proceedings.

It's hard to beat the official North Star display models but I gave it a shot via slap chop, some dry-brushing and then more layered work for the heads, weapons and vines. The detail in the eyes are pretty janky and if I was a more determined modeler I probably could have reshaped them and dug out the irregular "pupils." But I'm not, so I didn't.



As always, thanks for looking - questions, comments and followers are welcome and encouraged! I'm doing more and more on Facebook so follow my page there too! https://www.facebook.com/One-of-My-Men-Became-Restless-100659928063858

No comments:

Post a Comment