Saturday, July 6, 2013

15mm Size Chart [Updated 7/8/13]

Town Drunks #1

Town Drunks #2

Town Drunks #3

Townspeople #1

Townspeople #2

American Civil War #1


Viewer comments reminded me to add Stone Mountain and Battle Honours as well as an HO Scale representative. They are not perfect compares because the poses are slightly different but you should get an idea.
I love Peter Pig and I have them for 3-4 periods but they are not compatible with Blue Moon - even in separate units in my view.
  
Truth be told, though I have quite a few from Peter Pig and Blue Moon, I'm NOT using the miniatures from those two manufacturers in my main ACW armies based for Johnny Reb.

Blue Moon I bought to do Brother Against Brother - (two figures per stand) and I'm not sure what to do with the PP ones - I only have a couple dozen of them.

I have a couple other manufacturers too I noticed going through the unpainted stuff - some I bought from Eureka - then there was a more recent release from Essex that were a fair bit smaller than their original releases.

I could almost do similar shots for Pirates and just might ...

Useful?

6 comments:

  1. Yes, useful.

    Not a 15 mm user but these style articles are very useful.

    Gracias,

    Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. My army is mainly Old Glory and ABs (which I think are Battle Honours) and they all go together well. There are some other brands mixed in as well, at least a few Essex and Stone Mountain. Having built an Ancients army using just one very unique source of figures (Tin Soldier) I was happy to go with whatever figures turned up for my ACW (and also Napoleonics). Generally I build units based on a single manufacturer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very useful as I was looking at Peter Pig for some figures but will now pass as the rest of my ACW figures are OG15s, Blue Moon and AB.

    Tony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya - I need to do one for my pirate range. there's quite a spread in there too. Blue Moon is just it's own thing I think. I'm making them heroic figures with better stats than the smaller figs.

      Delete
  4. The Minifigs in your excellent comparison photos is the second generation, "Super Detail" range. (rectangle bases) The 3rd generation (octagon bases) are smaller in stature but about the same height. The stature of the figures also makes a difference for compatibility issues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found this site as a model railroader looking for some other historical figures, and wanted to note that the Airfix figures are NOT HO scale (1:87), but rather OO (1:76). They say HO/OO, but that's a old workaround from the 1950's when the motors of the day were too big to fit into British HO scale locomotives, due to their smaller real life dimensions based upon the restrictive British railway loading gauge. Thus, the trains were upscaled to 1:76 to make the motors fit, but still ran on HO scale track (HO/OO), and the strange scale stuck*.

    HO scale is 3.5 mm to the foot**, so a 6 foot tall figure would be 21mm tall, while a more realistic 5'6" figure would be 19.5 mm tall. I've seen model railroaders use the Blue Moon Western figures as slightly under scale background figures, with good success.

    (*/** - Model trains are more standardised than war gaming figures, but we have our kludgy dimensions too).

    ReplyDelete