Thursday, July 19, 2018

15mm Old Glory French Hussars and French Dragoons

Throwback Thursday! These are some of my earliest stuff as a "serious" painter.
9th Hussars move into action. These are easily around 30 years old. For some reason, I intended to double everything because I was always weirded out by the 1:60 man ratios that Empire required. so this is twice the amount of 9th Hussars I'll ever need and I recall being quite pleased with myself after finishing them. Another thing, the infantry and artillery is fine, but cavalry seems to be too spread out on the requisite sized bases.

These Dragoons were intended for Iberian operations. I was far less creative with the stones than I am now. Like the 9th Hussars above, this is twice the amount I'll need for this regiment. I also erred in thinking the grenadier in bearskin figure was the officer. There's so much better material out there now than there was when I got to work on these.
Thanks for looking! Historicals take a holiday for the moment as somehow I got massively distracted by dwarves this week, prepping around 90 of them the last couple days. One thing about much of the fantasy stuff I have is that equipment is fairly minimal so they should be relatively quick to churn out.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Ray! These have been so carefully packed away for ages, I almost forgot I had them.

    ReplyDelete