Saturday, June 25, 2022

25/28mm Italeri - Stone Walls

These are made by Italeri and licensed to Warlord Games for Bolt Action and Black Powder. I love them. I probably should get another set of them. 

For this first box I wanted to use every single piece that came in the box - the left overs really aren't useful for anything because of the dado join system and I didn't want to have unfinished joins on the ends. 

I also hate short lengths of linear obstacles strung together - they look terrible on the battlefield as some always get bumped out of place or have unsightly gaps. Happy to take a hit to flexibility than have broken up lengths all over.

And try as I might, I really wanted to disguise the joins but obviously failed here and there. Still. I love'em!




I really love this Army Painter "Battlefield Basing: Grass Green" I used as a ground cover. Really terrific stuff; I'm a permanent convert now. I did use some of my many home made tufts to break it up - those are more evident in the top pictures than this one.

These are based on styrene strips and I think I had intended to cut the ends back after I glued the walls down. I forgot what I meant to do but after I primed them I decided to just add bushes onto the finished ends.

For the broken ends, I added fallen stones. In any event, I don't mind having natural gaps so units can file through apart from the gates.

Thanks for looking - questions, comments and followers are welcome and encouraged! I'm doing more and more on Facebook so follow my page there too! https://www.facebook.com/One-of-My-Men-Became-Restless-100659928063858


2 comments: