Tuesday, October 15, 2019

28mm West Wind - Empire of the Dead, Beast Lord, Pack Master & 2 Wolves - Pt 1 of 2

Believe it or not, I'm running out of miniatures requiring Citadel Contrast paints! Perfectly fine though with that - I did, or will soon complete, just under a hundred minis this year that would have lingered to some date far in the future.

I did West Wind's Empire of the Dead Kickstarter a few years ago and got a lot of great minis out of it. This pack is the Beast Lord and his furry retinue. (Not yet pictured are the four "Wolf Skins" or human henchmen type allies. Those will have to be painted in the usual way, being devoid of fur of any kind.)

These two bipedal ones (is this one the Beast Lord?) were done with Contrast Wyldwood over Wraithbone primer- I did go back over and dry-brush the Wraithbone back in then did the eyes and mouth and base details to finish.
Contrast Wyldwood over Wraithbone primer, the pants in Contrast Templar Black, with the vest in Contrast Basilicanum Gray. This whole model was again dry brushed with Wraitbone again. I did try a mix of Templar Black and Wraithbone to try and get a middle tone between the two but it looked like heck. I didn't use much of it other than to feather in some more highlights where the heavier black tones were in areas that should have seen more light.
Not thrilled with the green ink I put over the sculpted grass here - I don't think that will last the week.
I have enough of the black wolves from other manufacturers and thought theses needed a more traditional appearance. These are simply Contrast Basilicanum Gray over Wraithbone followed by a second coat of Basilicanum Gray over the tops again to give it the extra darkness there. I don't think I dry brushed these after.
No flash here or on the next

Those "Wolf Skins" henchmen I mentioned will comprise the Part 2 of this entry. They are in line but not next.

Thanks all for looking - questions, comments, followers are welcome and encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment