Thursday, September 12, 2019

28mm Games Workshop - LOTR - Shade

I've found some odds and ends that benefited nicely from a quick ethereal treatment with Citadel Contrast paints. I'm basically out of ghost figures but looks like they'll be a little over 50 of them.

Here's one of the last ones done with one thick coat of Aethermatic Blue followed by some detail work on the many eyes and crowns. I was thinking that maybe this could be a trapped treasure pile for Frostgrave housing pop up spirits that need to be defeated since the crowns were painted traditionally:

There's a feeling that using Contrast in this way is a kind of cheating compromise that comes with decidedly mediocre results. Honestly I think these are as good as any other GW Shade model I've seen out there. Doing a decent base and some detail work really help polish it up.
 Thanks for looking - questions, comments and followers are welcome and encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment