Wednesday, April 11, 2018

25mm Ral Partha, Three Bears & More

Three bears from Ral Partha. The middle sized one (at right) I learned after I finished is supposed to be a black bear and it does look a bit different than the other two. Too late now - I don't often revisit that kind of thing. I do like the Foundry ones slightly better, but I don't really need any more. These are either food markers or something to menace the stragglers (to go along with the wolves) for the 1812 Retreat game I'm building.

Building in the back is a pre-painted, and very dusty, Russian Izba from Pegasus Hobbies. To the side is an unfinished segment from the 4Ground set of Weathered Wood Picket Fences - more on those later as I complete them.

In the fore are lengths of palisade fencing from Renendra connected and affixed to lengths of strip basing - also from Renendra.

I made four such lengths of these - all made with one pack. They each run exactly 1 foot plus a quarter inch gap on either side. I probably should make something to denote a broken section.
I really can't abide too many short pieces because the joins and gaps are so unseemly. Same attitude with roads - hate little 6 inch segments all run together - just looks terrible.
All of these manufacturers mentioned above are excellent with eminently useful pieces.
 Thanks all for looking - questions, comments, followers are welcome and encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment